Basic Requirements And Considerations Of Pet Transportation
Be it children or adults, when it come to owning pet animals, both these groups hold a similar kind of passion towards these animals. However, there might come a time when the owner needs to move to a new city or country. Hence, moving of the pet becomes mandatory as well. Various companies offer a range of services, for the ease of pet owners, that allow pet travel and taking the responsibility of having the pet reach its destination safe and sound
- Most likely, a certificate of veterinary inspection (CVI) will be required by the authorities at destination. So, the pet owner should get all the information in time, before the travel.
- The owner should comply with the timeframe in which the travel prerequisites need to be completed.
- Animals should be healthy enough to travel, and depending on the regulations of your destination, there may be additional animal health prerequisites, such as identification, vaccinations, tests, certifications, etc.
- Do not ask your veterinarian to violate federal law and professional ethics
- You should plan ahead, and identify a veterinarian at your destination in advance of traveling. Your own veterinarian may be able to provide a referral.
- If traveling internationally, a federal endorsement of the CVI will likely be required
- Authorities may ask to see the documents; so, keep them readily available. If you do not have the documents, the destination authorities will determine what actions will be taken (refusing entry, imposing fines, requiring or extending quarantine, etc.).
- Contact your airline to verify that your animal(s) and its restraint / confinement satisfy the airline’s requirements and restrictions.
- Check again with the airline the day of the flight. If it is too hot or cold at the departure, connecting, or arrival airport, the airline may refuse to pet transport interstate prices your animal(s).
- Have alternative arrangements in case your animal(s) cannot travel the day of the flight.
Animals permitted on board
Normally the animals that permitted to travel by air on various countries are
Animals not allowed
Animals mostly not allowed on board are:
- Farm animals
- Birds of prey
Flight rules for pet travel
- Each passenger can travel with one pet and only 2 pets are allowed per flight.
- It must travel with a passport issued by a veterinary surgeon certifying that the dog has been vaccinated for rabies between 30 days and 12 months before the flight.
- You can carry food for your pet inside your hand luggage.
- You must not take your pet out of the pet carrier until you have disembarked.
- Under no circumstances will animals be carried in the plane’s cargo hold.
Owning pets and taking care of them in your houses is a good thing. However, if you need to move to a new place, so does your pet. Then you must ensure, all the steps in moving your pet are safe and comfortable.